Monday, March 10, 2014

Blueberry smoothie

When going through my fabric collection over winter break I found some old Dena Tea Garden cotton prints I'd forgotten about, and made up one of them into a new pillow for our bed.



The navy and white reminded me of my favorite smoothie recipe, which I've been having for lunch a lot recently since it's so thick and awesome. I hesitate to call this a "recipe" - more of a serving suggestion, I think.



Blueberry avocado smoothie


  • Half an avocado
  • About a cup of frozen blueberries
  • About a cup of coconut water (you can certainly use regular water as well; I've also done this with cold green tea)

That's it. Blend, enjoy. I made this a lot with bananas instead of avocado, but I've decided that the avocado is my favorite because it comes out a little thicker. Also note that I don't really like sweet smoothies- the blueberries are enough sugar for my tastes. But you could definitely add in honey if you like a sweeter smoothie flavor.



As you may have seen, Ann at Gorgeous Fabrics has declared March 22 to be "cut into that fabric day!" for those of us who have fabrics we are scared to actually use. I've got many fabrics that fall into this category, so I'm currently thinking about which one I'll sacrifice to the cause.


International Cut Into That Fabric Day


No comments: